I used to feel vulnerable and exposed. I was afraid of judgement, never knowing if I was
“good enough” to make my dream become reality.
The fear would show up, right on time,
every time I showed the back of the camera to a client and the negative self-talk would
• What if she hates the photos?
• What if she refuses to pay for the shoot?
• What if my work is total shit?
• Will she tell me?
• She might tell me I’m too expensive and ask why don’t I give her more for free.
• Oh God - which expressions do I choose?
• Should I show her every image and let her decide?
More often than not, I just picked my favourites and spent entirely too much time editing. I’d
follow this process by sitting, thinking for hours about what I could say in an ad, only to be
then frustrated with Facebook!
Has this happened to you? You post what you think is the photo of the century, only to get
little or no engagement? Do you share with people what your daily routine looks like, only to
get no response?
Don’t they know you have the best job in the world?
You might get a few “likes.” Clients love your photos and may even share them with their
friends; but the phone doesn’t ring. Their friends don’t book, and every message that you
receive still begins with, “How much?” You send your full price list and wait for the response….